| Tilly Loves Airplanes! |
Today was a momentous day for little Matilda. She had her first trip to the airport, her first run-in with the TSA, her first trip into a bar, her first airplane ride, and her first trip to another state. It was quite the day, and it almost didn't happen. On the way to the airport, mom and dad realized they forgot the all important birth certificate (which is only needed to prove she's under two years old or you have to buy a $200 plane ticket). As we approached the airport, Southwest's phone support said there was no way to fly without it and we had to prove she was under two (even though she's not even 3 months and clearly not 2 years old!). Since we did not have time to go home and back, I called bs and the nice Southwest desk clerk totally helped us out.
Then on the way through security, they told me they needed to open Tilly's factory sealed formula bottles to test for dangerous chemicals, explosives, and exotic birds we might be smuggling out of California. I politely said, "Um, no. There's a reason they're sealed. Once you open them they go bad dumb dumb." Then they said we could take them on the plane, but "someone has to get patted down." I then said something close to, "That makes absolutely no sense. How does a bottle of liquid equal a pat down?" She said "it was policy," and I thought she just made it up on the spot after I pointed out how stupid she was to open sealed formula. After a heated debate of me calling them out on a bs policy, I finally submitted to having my entire body thoroughly inspected for whatever I magically carried through the metal detector and might be planning to use to ignite the formula. I wanted one of the ladies to grope me, but I knew the "same-sex groper" policy (unlike patdown for formula policy) actually exists. My suspicions were confirmed on the return trip, when Leia (traveling alone with Tilly) was able to take the formula right through security.
After having my privates grazed in the fight against baby formula, I decided to drown my sorrows with margaritas. Thus, Tilly enjoyed her first bar. Then she loved her first plane ride to the great state of Oregon! Click "Read more" below to see how much Matilida loved traveling!
| Tilly's first bar. Margaritas look good! |
| Getting ready for take off. |
| In the air and loving it. |
| Biggest smile ever! |
| Tilly wants an iPad. |
| Harold made the trip with Tilly |
| We made it to Portland! |
| Multi-tasking |
| Move over frozen yogurt... Rice pudding shops! |
Ridic about the formula! I didn't have any problems with carrying on breastmilk...until Justin was with me. Seriously, come on people! Teddy is such a terrorist.
ReplyDeleteI think they were profiling me. The TSA website says "moms traveling with babies..." My manliness intimidated them.
ReplyDelete